ECommerce sales continue to reach new heights in 2018. Worldwide, eCommerce will continue to post solid gains to the tune of $2.3 trillion. But what makes one eCommerce site triumph over another?
Several factors determine the overall success of an eCommerce website including product quality, brand recognition, shipping costs, return policies, trustworthiness, and customer service. However, thoughtful user experience design is also key to providing customers with a satisfying, friction-free experience. It will not only convert potential clicks into actual eCommerce transactions but make customers come back time and again.
Design eCommerce for Trust And Security
First and foremost, it is important to design a website that shoppers feel they can trust. Most shoppers are concerned about privacy and whether the site will protect their personal data by providing a secure transaction. If the website does not feel trustworthy, they will simply choose to shop elsewhere.
Add recognized trust seals. A trust seal verifies the legitimacy and security of a website. Some trust companies even add an extra layer of protection by offering some insurance if the transaction turns out to be fraudulent. Using recognized trust seals assures potential shoppers of a secure transaction process, which leads to increased sales and provides better eCommerce UX.
Show attention to detail. Make the website look legitimate and professional by avoiding typos, missing images, broken links, 404 errors (page not found), or other eCommerce UX-killing mistakes.
ECommerce UI Design Considerations
The look and feel of a website is the main driver of first impressions. The research concludes that people will determine whether they like a website or not in just 50 milliseconds.
Here are some essential user interface design tips:
- Follow the brand identity. The branding should be apparent throughout the website. Choose colors that reflect the brand, and set the style in order to make clear what type of products are sold. Ensure the brand experience is consistent across all channels—whether online, in-store, or on a mobile device. This will help build a strong brand-customer relationship.
- Adopt visual hierarchy. The most critical content should be displayed above the fold. In some cases, using less white space to bring items closer together is better than pushing critical content below the fold.
- Do not over-design. Limit font formats such as font face, sizes, and colors. When the text looks too much like graphics, it will be mistaken for an ad. Use high-contrast text and background colors to make the content as clear as possible.
- Stick to known symbols. Use icons or symbols that are easy to identify. Unfamiliar icons will only confuse the shoppers. A good way to avoid any possible confusion is to provide labels for icons.
- Avoid pop-up windows. Popup windows are a distraction. Even if they contain valuable information, shoppers are more than likely to dismiss them immediately—once gone, even if they want to, it’s hard for shoppers to find the information again.
The Importance of Frictionless eCommerce Site Navigation
Friction-free is the way to be. Navigation is about how easy it is for people to move around the website, find what they’re looking for, and finally, take action. The eCommerce shopping experience should be seamless so shoppers don’t drop off halfway through the process.
ECommerce Product Page Design
For outstanding eCommerce UX when shoppers successfully find the product they want, let them find out about the product. Design a product page that creates an experience that is as similar to an in-person shopping experience as much possible, by including lots of images, detailed descriptions, and any other useful and related information about the product. Let’s take an in-depth look at what this means.
Website Designing Company choice should be made carefully who can give you best results in quick time. If you would like help and guidance with your web design, then you can contact us on +91 98716 88800 or if you prefer to, via email at email@example.com
If you are looking for a trusted Ecommerce Web Designing Company in Delhi, eCommerce Web Design Agency in India & Website Design Company in Delhi to enhance your social presence, Please feel free to call us at +91 987-16-888-00 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be more than happy to assist!
Contact us for a free website designing consultation and quote.
Hopefully, these tips will help you. Give us, Web Designing Company in Delhi, shout back, if you use them or have some other ideas to share.
G-55 (Basement), Masjid Moth, Greater Kailash - II, New Delhi 110048, INDIA
Call Now: +91-9871688800,